Seiten

Blog-Archiv

Montag, 11. März 2013

Seven Lessons from Silver Linings Playbook

Last Friday I just watched Silver Linings Playbook, whose lead actress Jennifer Lawrence just won an academy award this year for the best actress. I wanted to watch this movie, because this 22-years old actress. I wonder, how her acting in this movie would like. I realized, that I'm not a good at giving opinions, but I can say, that I like this movie. There are several lessons in this movie for me:

1. Don' judge others
    There's a scene, where Tiffany shared her dark past, and then Pat, whose character played well by Bradley Cooper, brought this thing up. Tiffany said then,
"You are afraid to be alive. You're afraid to live. You're a conformist. You're a liar. I opened up to you and you judge me. ...".
2.  Accept yourselves, especially the bad things
"I was a slut. There will always be a part of me that is dirty and sloppy, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself. I can forgive. Can you say the same to for yourself, fucker? Can you forgive? Are you capable of that?"
3.  Always looking for the bright side of everything
"If you say positive, you have a shot at silver lining".
4.  Being grateful
"The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday, that's guaranteed, and I can't begin to explain that, or the craziness inside myself and everybody else but guess what? Sunday is my favorite day again. I think of everything everyone did for me and I feel like a very lucky guy".
5.   Believing in destiny
"True love is about letting her go and seeing if she returns".
6.   Seize the moment
"Let me tell you. You gotta pay attention to signs. When life reaches out with a moment like this it's a sin, if you don't reach back. ...".
7.  Respect others
"Have some respect for what I do".

It's so nice watching this movie, a movie, that inspires me to live a positive and a better life. 

PS: 
I got the quotes from this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045658/quotes

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen